*I normally wash my brushes in my on suite but there was better lighting in the kitchen.
So this is a short post on how i clean my make up brushes. There are quite a few different ways i have seen people clean their brushes. Mine is a pretty bog standard way of cleaning my brushes. I use Mac brush cleaner but i am really interested in trying different ones, so i would love to know what you use!
As you can see i lay out some kitchen roll to lay the clean brushes on after washing them which i always do without fail as I'm a hygiene freak.
- First of all i run the tap and get the water warm, not too hot that it burns your fingers.
- I take one brush at a time and pop a bit of brush cleaner on the bristles.
- I run it gently through the bristles.
- Then i continue to rub in the cleaner but now i do so whilst holding the brush under the tap.
- I continue to do this until the water runs clean ( sometimes i have to repeat 2,3,4 depending on how dirty the brush is).
- I do this to every brush i have used.
- I lay them straight on the kitchen roll after cleaning them, and leave them to dry over night. Sometimes it takes a night and a day to fully dry.
Please let me know of any tips or advice that i could do to my brush cleaning routine :)
Sorry its a boring post, but its something that has to be done.